If you are a high school or college student who would like to give back to the sports you are passionate about and at the same time get one-on-one instruction and advice from a veteran official, we encourage you to enroll in our mentorship program. This is a select opportunity and participation is limited.
As a part of this program, the student will:
- be paired with a seasoned veteran to lean on for advice and instruction.
- get on-court instruction and feedback during assignments from your partnering veteran official.
- receive an officiating shirt and whistle from our association as a gift.
- be given opportunities to earn $15-30 per game (depending on location/grade level) throughout the sports season.
- be given free membership to our (SSOA) association while they are a student/mentor.
In return, we will expect the student:
- to attend the SSOA General Meetings at Ledgeview Lanes in Fond du Lac.
- to attend an on-site instructional game.
- to obtain their WIAA sports license (students still in high school do not have to pay any fees to become licensed).
- to complete all of the requirements to become an official (take test and watch video).
- to show up in proper officials attire 30 minutes prior to all officiating assignments.
- stay in contact with the mentoring official via text, email, or phone.
If you feel that you’d like to be a part of this program, fill out the form below.